Question 1: How do I register for My Business Account?
You can register for My Business Account using your Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) User ID and password or through a sign-in partner.
Haven’t set up your CRA User ID yet? Find out how here: Registration process to access the CRA sign-in services
What you’ll need to register:
- CRA User ID and password
- A business number (BN) you are authorized to access
- Create a CRA user ID and password if you haven’t yet
- Enroll in mandatory multi-factor authentication (telephone or passcode grid)
- Register for a business number if you do not have one
Question 2: How do I authorize a representative for my business?
Representatives are individuals you authorize to help you or your business manage your tax information.
Business owners can now confirm authorized representatives using My Account or My Business Account. This easy, two-step digital process will help you protect your tax information and make authorizing new representatives more efficient and secure.
It is important to know who your representatives are and what information they have access to. Be proactive and make sure the representatives you have on file with the CRA are current. Follow these steps to remove representatives that are not current using My Account or My Business Account.
Find more information about authorizing and managing representatives here: Authorize a representative – Before you start
Question 3: How do I access CRA’s online services for businesses?
The CRA offers electronic services for businesses that will help you:
- File various types of returns
- File a notice of objection
- Make a payment
- Register a new business and various types of accounts
- Get information
- Make an online request
- Calculate payroll deductions
- Download or order forms or publications
Our online services make it faster and easier to handle your company’s tax matters. You and your authorized employees and representative can file, pay and access detailed information about your tax accounts. Get started by selecting the online service that is built for you:
- Need to file GST/HST, payroll, corporation income tax returns? Use My Business Account.
- Having a tax preparer act on behalf of your business? We offer Represent a Client for that.
- Reporting your business income on a personal income tax return? Make sure to use My Account for Individuals.
Question 4: How do I make payments to the CRA?
The CRA offers a variety of payment options for businesses. These may vary depending on the type of payment you are making; in most cases we offer options to:
- Online banking
- My Payment (compatible with Visa debit, Debit Mastercard, and Interac Online)
- Pre-authorized debit
- Pay by credit card, PayPal, or Interact E-Transfer or pay by a third-party service provider
Pay in person
Pay by cheque
- Pay with a cheque from your Canadian bank account
For non-residents without a Canadian Bank account payment can be made using a:
Question 5: How do I file GST/HST using GST/HST NETFILE?
GST/HST NETFILE allows you to file GST/HST tax returns, and eligible rebates directly to the CRA. Using GST/HST NETFILE gets you your refunds faster and can be combined with direct deposit!
To file go to: Ready to file
What you’ll need:
- Your business number (BN)
- Your reporting period ‘from’ and ‘to’ dates
- Your access code
Don’t have an access code? Get it here: Need an access code?
Online check list
- Read the Privacy Notice Statement
- Make sure your browser supports TLS 1.2. for security
You will receive a confirmation number as proof that the CRA has received your information. Print or save the page with your confirmation number and keep it with your records.